Last updated October 1, 2015
Dispatch Technologies, Inc. (“Dispatch" “us,” “our,” or “we”), values your privacy. Dispatch offers users a simple way for service providers to manage their information and jobs. We offer services through our Dispatch API (our “Service”), mobile applications (our “App”) and our website (“Site”).
- Do I Need to Create A Dispatch Account?
- What Information Does Dispatch Collect From Me?
- What Does Dispatch Do With The Information It Collects?
- Does Dispatch Collect Payment Card Information?
- Does Dispatch Collect Location Information?
- Does Dispatch Track My Activity Across Other Websites?
- Can I Choose To Stop Receiving Marketing Messages?
- Can Children Use Dispatch Site or App?
- What If I Live Outside of the United States?
- How Does Dispatch Protect My Information?
- Can I Access My Personal Information?
- How Do I Contact Dispatch?
DO I NEED TO CREATE A DISPATCH ACCOUNT?
WHAT INFORMATION DOES DISPATCH COLLECT FROM ME?
Dispatch collects certain information from you when you share that information with us or with select third parties, and when you use our App, our Site and our Service.
- Third Party Information: Dispatch works directly Third Party Partners to provide our Service. We may collect information about your current or future potential customers or client—including information about past or future jobs—from our Third Party Partners.
- App Information: Dispatch collects information about you from our App. This includes your preferred language, your phone number, the make and model of your phone, your mobile operating system, your activities using the App the type of browser you are using, your IP address or other unique identifier, and your geolocation. We call this information “App Information.”
- Google: http://www.google.com/analytic...
- Segment: https://segment.com/docs/legal...
- Site Visit Information: Dispatch also collects certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our Site. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Service, Site or App through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site, user our App and or use our Service; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: access time, browser type, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. We call this information “Site Visit Information.”
WHAT DOES DISPATCH DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Dispatch collects information from you to provide Services, to alert you to exciting opportunities, and to improve the quality and functioning of our mobile App and our Site. Dispatch does not sell or lease the information you share with third-parties, but we do share it under certain circumstances. You should read this section carefully to learn more about what we do with the information you share with us.
- Dispatch may share Personal, App, Analytics, and Site Visit Information with Service Providers: Dispatch may share your Personal, App, Analytics, and Site Visit Information with certain Third Party Partners to perform the Services, and to other third party vendors, services providers, contractors, or agents that provide certain services to us such as: order processing, customer relationship management, database storage and management, advertising, and direct marketing campaigns. Dispatch may also share your Personal Information and your location information with companies using our Services in the construction and home repair trades. We call this class of partners “Construction Partners.”
- Acquisition or Sale. If Dispatch is acquired or sold to another company, either through merger or the transfer of substantially all our assets, or if we seek bankruptcy protection, Dispatch may transfer the information we have collected to another company.
- Legal and law enforcement requests: Dispatch may also disclose, at its sole discretion, your Personal or Site Visit Information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request—like a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
- Also, Dispatch may sell, rent, or share non-personalized, aggregated data derived from its App, Site, and/or Service with third parties.
“Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective site more efficient. Dispatch may at its discretion use both “session” and “persistent” cookies on its Site. A session cookie stores information about you only while you are visiting our site, and is then deleted when you leave our site. Persistent cookies store information about you, your preferences, and information about other websites you visit, and it remains on your computer or device after you leave our Site. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
“Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. Dispatch may use beacons to better manage content on our Site and to improve the use and efficiency of our App.
DOES DISPATCH COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION?
Dispatch does not collect credit, debit, or other financial data on our App or its Site, and we never have access to that information. Dispatch uses Stripe https://stripe.com/us/privacy and Spreedly https://spreedly.com/privacy for credit card processing.
DOES DISPATCH COLLECT LOCATION INFORMATION?
Dispatch collects information about your location when you use our App. Dispatch shares this information with Construction Partners.
Dispatch’s App will not work unless you have enabled location services on your device, and have given the App permission to access your location.
DOES DISPATCH TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM DISPATCH?
Dispatch may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, about exciting developments with our business, and to alert you to other opportunities. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a Dispatch marketing message.
CAN CHILDREN USE DISPATCH’S SITE OR APP?
Our Site and our App are not directed at children under 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children under 18. Simply put, Dispatch does not permit children users under the age of 18 to use our App, Site or Service to create accounts, or to perform any other type of activity. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 18, and you believe he or she has shared information with Dispatch, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove their information from our active systems.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
Dispatch is based in the United States, and our Site our Service and our App are hosted there. If you are visiting our Site from, or using our App in another country, the laws governing our Site and App’s collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our Site, use our App, or use our Services, or otherwise share Personal Information with Dispatch, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE?
Dispatch’s Site and our App may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. Dispatch does not have control over the privacy practices of the advertisers or other third-parties operating these websites, and we have no control over how these third parties collect or use the information you chose to share with them.
HOW DOES DISPATCH PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
Dispatch takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Dispatch uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the personal information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, Dispatch cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
CAN I ACCESS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
HOW DO I CONTACT DISPATCH?